Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stronger and healthier each day

I'm happy to report that Skelly has made nothing but positive progress since the reaction to the heart worm preventative. Tomorrow's the big day that he goes back to the vet for a checkup. I'm not sure what the new treatment schedule is. He was originally scheduled to be neutered before the big bad reaction.

After seeing him on what appeared to be his death bed, I have a new fear-based respect for the parasites that have hi-jacked his circulatory system. We'll see what the doc says, but it seems like his being "intact" isn't really causing too many problems just yet. I'm wondering if they will want to proceed with the heart worm treatments before neutering him. It's going to be rough keeping him from getting excited for 2 whole months. Staying calm is definitely not his style! 

I'm in no hurry to begin the heart worm treatment, but I'm certainly looking forward to FINISHING IT!

I'm sure it goes without saying, but I'm getting rather fond of this little guy. It's hard not to bond with a being like him. He's been through unspeakable neglect and/or abuse, he's been practically paralyzed by parasites, he's been cast out into the streets... yet he's still bursting with nothing but positive energy.



Skeletor has been and continues to be an inspiration to me. I'm happy to return the favor by taking care of him and doing what I can to help his fellow dog.  I feel like a broken record when I say this, but we really couldn't be doing this without all of your support! Thanks again folks!

9 comments:

  1. So.... you'll keep him? Pleeeeze?

    I just love his face. He has the most "won't you love me" look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how far he's come from that original skinny dog photo. And after that last scare you can see he's a fighter. He just seems like an amazing dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we all vote in favor or keeping the skelly welly
    we just cant imagen pibble life wiffout weading on skelly's adventurres
    he has stolen our hearts for sure
    pibble sugars and wee wags
    the pittie pack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we are so glad to hear that he is doing so much better! It is great that he is getting over that horrible reaction - I am very curious what the vet will want to do. Thanks so much for taking such good care of him and for keeping us all updated on how he is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep skelly - keep skelly - keep skelly

    We all want to continue to see updates on the handsome pup so all us kitties unite to say

    keep skelly - keep skelly - keep skelly

    On a serious note - I have taken in 9 cats that have been neglected and thrown away, I tried to re-home several with not much luck and in the time that I had them I fell in love with them. Now I really can not imagine what it would be like without one of them. You have bonded with Skelly and he has learned to trust people because of you, if you give him away, you will always wonder what happened to him, how he is and if he misses you like you miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi

    I am in awe of you all there! Skelly couldn't have done it with your help, care and above all your love. He has come a long way and will go further upwards and onwards thanks to his wonderful foster family!

    A big YAY to you and Skelly!!!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear Skelly is improving! Lucky for me, Mom completely spoils me and I'll never know the life Skelly has endured. Lucky for him, he found you and now his life will be forever changed. Yours too, I'm sure.

    wags, wiggles & slobbers
    Murphydog

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are wondering toos... maybe you'll be his furrever home? We'd sure miss not hearing about him.

    Loves,
    Stella, Gunther and Betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew you were just as fond of him as we all are, you can see the love! I really do hope you decide to keep him. For one thing, he loves you just as much as you love him! And for another, I'd sure miss reading about him every day!

    I'm curious too, to know what the vet's suggestion for the next course of treatment will be.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a google account, you can use this guest account to leave a comment.

Username: skellybull
Password: skeletor