Monday, March 22, 2010

Checkin in

This is Kim, Skells' foster mom! I want to personally thank everyone for everything they have done to help!! You guys are awesome, and we would not be able to give Skells such a great "foster" home without you!

Since I am here...

As you know, he is doing a lot better since his reaction to the heartworms. We are really happy about that, and he will be going back to the vet on this Thursday for a checkup - I guess that's when we will find out about continuing his treatment.

FYI: Skells is a daddy's boy! He has taken a liking to Wes that is pretty entertaining. He follows Wes from room to room without missing a beat. Wes, on the other hand, is still getting used to trying not to trip over a VERY clumsy Pitt bull. He likes to wrap you up in his leash if given the chance, too.

I know you all have been introduced to Sophie (Skelly's girlfriend) and I would like to report that they are definitely going steady. I have never seen two dogs lip lock like they do! We have to literally break up the make out sessions on a daily basis. I will let you know when he proposes.

Also, I don't know if it is a nervous habit, or if he really thinks everyone has fleas, but Skells LOVES checking anyone and everyone for fleas. He does that little nibble with his front teeth and pinches you juuuuuust enough to where you jump out of your chair. If he catches you off guard, it startles you! He gets my arms and feet all the time and I can’t get mad at that face.

Skeletor has become a professional sitter! I will have to ask Wes to get video of him sitting without any “assistance”. He is working on lying down now. 

17 comments:

  1. Oh that is so funny that he follows Wes around - he knows that he is a good guy for saving him! We are so glad that he is doing ok now - I am curious what they will do about the heartworm treatments (I am not sure how they work but I know when my boyfriends mom's dog had them they took what seemed like a long time - but there may be different ways of treating it). And the fleas thing is hilarious - I can totally picture it! And it is so good that he has a girlfriend too - companions are important!! Thanks for the update and for taking such good care of Skelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks fur the updates and all the visuals we now have!

    I tend to be that way with my mom too SO I totally understand where Skelly is going with it!

    Bravo on the BF/GF thing - he deserves all that love and more!

    Have a great week!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! My (last) husband was able to make Grull do that flea bite thing on me on purpose!

    That's hilarious that he does that.

    It's nice that Skelly loves his chubby little girlfriend . lol

    Actually ,Grull (our pit) had a boyfriend who was a dachsund.

    I'm so proud of all of you guys for rescuing that poor baby.

    Love Mom2

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww love is definately in the air for everyfurry
    we love that skelly is quite the romantic fella too
    we cant wait for the nuptials
    teehee
    pibble love and wee wags
    the houston pittie pack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love is in the air! I can't wait for the proposal, then the wedding! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please get all the video you can! We love to see video! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh please may we come to the wedding??

    :-)

    But seriously!! So glad that Skelly is doing much better after his awful reaction to the heartworm drugs. Fingers crossed for him for his next vet visit!

    So glad you and Wes are there for him! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thrilled that Skelly is doing so well! Still keeping him in my daily prayers.

    My little chi's follow me from room to room too. They know who loves and feeds them! LOL

    That's funny that Skelly does the bite thing. I've known other dogs who do that too and always wondered why.

    How sweet that Skelly and Sophie are going out! He deserves as much love as he can get!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the update, Kim! You did really bring it alive! (Next best thing to video!) I'm thrilled he and Sophie are are best buds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the update on Skelly. Gunther does those pinchy bites too. We call them loves bites. You guys are wonderful for giving him an incredible second chance at life.

    Love,
    Shannon and the Gang

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are SO pleased that Skelly is now enjoying life. Thank yoo so much for helping him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so pleased that Skeletor is making good progress. It's always so sad to hear of such cases, but me and my pack are living examples of what love and care can do to help turn things round. I'd like to give Skeletor and his carers an award for the great blog you've created. It's a sunshine award and you can claim it and find out all about it on my blog. If you'd like to display it on your blog please come see me at http://tillyrescuedog.blogspot.com/ and have a lovely day.

    Love

    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love him. :))

    could one of y'all send the codes for the skelly buttons over there?
    i have folks who have donated - plus i am cleanin up my blog and want the one that asks for donations -- plez :))

    my blog is 'soul survivor'

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Brenda

    I added the bloggy button codes to their own page

    http://helpskeletor.blogspot.com/p/bloggy-button-codes.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. @all

    Thanks for the comments, blog awards, and love!!

    More Skelly videos are on the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. how sweet that skelly and sophie are dating. i'd love to see some video footage. :)
    booker does the little nibbles, too, especially when he's getting back scratches. it's quite funny.

    the booker man's mama

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sounds like love nibbles to me!
    Ike

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a google account, you can use this guest account to leave a comment.

Username: skellybull
Password: skeletor