Saturday, October 2, 2010

On silent haunches...

Insano was sitting behind me in my chair, studying Skeletor's habits.


I snapped this photo and thought that maybe I could help them become buddies by giving them equal attention at the same time.

I started petting Insano and Skeletor. Skeletor was liking the idea just fine. Insano, on the other hand, took the opportunity to try and perform a little eye surgery on the unsuspecting hound.

Fortunately, he didn't cause any real damage, but I suppose it's going to be a while before these two curl up together.

He usually gets along with other animals... well he used to anyways. Insano has never been a fan of children. He's been known to sink his claws into many unsuspecting little kids, resulting in many shrieks of terror.

Speaking of which... when Insano was much younger, a friend came to visit and brought her child of maybe 3 or 4 years old. The kid was playing with Insano in the next room and next thing you know, we hear the poor kid screaming bloody murder. It was no surprise that Insano had introduced her to his claws, but what was surprising was how it went down.

We walked into the other room to survey the scene, and the poor child was running across the hardwood floors with insano "chasing" her on hind legs. Apparently he had sunk his claws right into the small of her back and they had become stuck. Here's an artists interpretation of the grizzly attack...


That's a bad kitty!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww!! Poor child!! I hope she hasn't been put off by animals because of this!

    Insano is probably really not a touchy feely kitty and maybe that was his only way of saying, leave me alone child! :-)I think Insano will be anyone's friend but only on his terms.

    I hope he and Skelly become friends soon though! :-) Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a dog that didn't like anyone but me. I'm not sure why she was that way. She was just nasty anytime anyone else wanted to pet her.

    Hopefully in time, Insano and Skells will become buddies or if not, hopefully they'll at least learn to tolerate on another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm sure Skeletor's barking (tormenting) is not endearing him to poor Insano. (uh hum)
    Cracked up over the artists rendition of the poor child .

    Love mom

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a google account, you can use this guest account to leave a comment.

Username: skellybull
Password: skeletor